Advanced forest nursery
The project is funded by Karelia CBC -programme.The project is implemented by University of Eastern Finland (coordinator),Forest Research Institute of the Karelian Research Centre of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Limited Liability Company Lesnoe bureau Partner, Pohjan Taimi Ltd. and Taimitarha Timo Korhonen Ltd.
• Innovate nursery technology and practice in Karelia to produce cost-efficient and high-quality planting material, which is suitable for intensive and sustainable forest regeneration and management:
• Open a totally new operational area in the Republic of Karelia that could be used by Finnish nursery enterprises to struggle the situation on the market of planting material in Finland:
• Allocate existing resources that could be used for sustainable development of nursery enterprises in Finland and Karelia.
– Construction of the demo nursery in Karelia with use of the best Scandinavian technologies and practices
– Guidebook for transboundary Forest Nursery business development
– Production of high-quality seedlings for the Karelian market
Group members - UEF
Aki Villa Project Researcher , Faculty of Science and Forestry, School of Forest Sciences