Doctoral Researcher at “Welfare Health and Management” (WELMA)
I am a researcher at Welfare Health and Management (WELMA) doctoral program. My background in bachelor's degree was Social Sciences. I completed my Master's degree in Sociology. I did my M.S. thesis on the "determinants of mental health issues in urban areas: a case study in Tehran". I developed more interest in mental health within forced migrant communities and as a result, I decided to follow my career in Social Work with my thesis focused on the "mental health of Afghan forced migrants in Finland".
+358 41 742 3459
• 2019 Teacher Assistant at the Annual International Social Work Seminar, University of Eastern Finland. Facilitator: Janet Anand.
- 2021 Conference Organizer: Co-creating research for informing integration, and practice (25th – 26th March). The University of Eastern Finland, Department of Social Sciences.
- 2021 Paper Presentation: Lived experiences of stateless Afghan refugees in Iran: Narratives of resilience and trauma growth. 18th IMICOE Annual Conference: Crossing Borders, Connecting Cultures (7-9 July, Luxemburg). Erasmus University Rotterdam, Department of Social Sciences.
- 2021 Oral Presentation: Lived experiences of stateless Afghan refugees in Iran: Narratives of resilience and trauma growth. Maker Majlis World Refugee Day. Hamad Bin Khalifa University. Qatar. https://www.hbku.edu.qa/en/cis/maker-majlis
- 2021 Paper Presentation: A Systematic Review of the Protective and Risk Factors Influencing the Mental Health of Forced Migrants: Implications for Sustainable Intercultural Mental Health Practice. International Social Work Day Conference, School of Social Sciences and Humanities, Doha Institute for Graduate Studies. Qatar.
Research groups and research projects
- Member of “Borders, Mobilities and Cultural Encounters Research Community, BOMOCULT RC.
- Member of “International Migration, Inclusion, and Justice (IMIJ) Research Group.
- 2021 Farahani, Hadi, Natalie Joubert, Janet C. Anand, Timo Toikko, and Mohamad Tavakol. “A Systematic Review of the Protective and Risk Factors Influencing the Mental Health of Forced Migrants: Implications for Sustainable Intercultural Mental Health Practice” Social Sciences 10, no. 9: 334. https://doi.org/10.3390/socsci10090334
- 2019 Tavakol Mohamad, Farahani Hadi. Sociological study of mental disorder in two industrial cities: Saigon and it’s passing comparison with Arak. Islamic Perspective Journal of the Islamic Studies and Humanities, Vol. 21, https://iranianstudies.org/2019/09/04/islamic-perspective-journal-volume-21-spring-2019-has-been-published-by-lais/.
- 2017 Tavakol Mohamad, Farahani Hadi . Sociological study of mental disorders: A Case Study in Arak. Bioethics journal, Winter: 7(26): 7-21. https://doi.org/10.22037/bj.v7i26.21809.